The Google-hired ferries skimming Bay Area waves are coming to the end of their pilot period, with their last scheduled rides running today, according to the Contra Costa Times.
Amidst the ire of San Francisco protesters fuming over Google buses, the company opted to experiment with alternatives to the buses: ferries. Two ferries from San Francisco and one from Alameda scooped up Google employees day by day for the month of January.
A Google spokesperson confirmed with the Bay Guardian that the pilot was ending. A source close to Google confirmed that they would "evaluate the results and viability of ferries as a more permanent solution."
No word from the protesters yet on if they'd block Google ferries via kayak, rowboat, or sloop.
For the full story, check out the Contra Costa Times piece, here.
Most Commented On
- thanks to Drumututemple@yahoo.com a temple of solution - April 23, 2014
- The article clearly says that - April 23, 2014
- A SPELLCASTER WHO CAN BRING ERIC BROOKS TO TEARS! - April 23, 2014
- An amazing testimony on a spell caster who brought my wife back - April 23, 2014
- HOW I GOT MY EX LOVE BACK,THAT LEFT ME FOR THE PAST FOUR MONTHS - April 23, 2014
- THIS IS MY TESTIMONY ABOUT THE GOOD WORK OF Dr ATILA - April 23, 2014
- MY SPELLCASTER SHUT UP JASON GRANT GARZA! - April 23, 2014
- i am filled with joy in my heart thank you doctor ogogodu for yo - April 23, 2014
- ABC7's pedestrian safety coverage courts controversy - April 23, 2014
- It's extremely rare that a revenue increase is willingly - April 23, 2014