Remember when we told you about Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne's East Coast-only "Record Store tour," during which he was selling a signed, limited-edition, 12-inch, 20th anniversary reissue of the band's deliciously scruffy debut EP, packaged with a life-sized, anatomically correct, "hand-crafted, custom-made chocolate skull"? And the skull also contains a special gold coin that gains the bearer entry to any Flaming Lips show in the world? Of course you do.
Well, he was lying — it's not East Coast-only. He added a few West Coast dates this week, including an appearance tomorrow [Thu/3] at 5pm, at the Mission's own Aquarius Records. Which is a pretty tiny space for a Flaming Lips(-esque) show. And pretty early in the evening to be taking hallucinogens. Oh, the sacrifices we make for rock 'n' roll.
Here's a good one off that 1984 EP to get you warmed up.
Most Commented On
- Richard Gere Garza - July 31, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 31, 2014
- Wrong, cross-charging between cost centers is routine in - July 31, 2014
- and J Hayes White as Fire Chief - July 31, 2014
- VHyLOXVwFiSo - July 31, 2014
- bFXQikfRhxCVH - July 31, 2014
- Work orders are in place due - July 31, 2014
- what if a sponsoring existed - July 31, 2014
- Having an admitted domestic - July 31, 2014
- Boxes in space - July 31, 2014