Horrible news this morning -- pioneering house DJ Josh Ezelle died last night in a motorcycle crash in Thailand. He was 42.
Ezelle, aka DJ Josh, was the first DJ many young clubbers heard in the late '80s, and the list of venues and crews he supported or helped launch is a veritable what's what of the SF scene, right up to the present. Wicked, the Gathering, Funky Techno Tribe, Sunset ...
Ever-roving, he organized the groundbreaking 2000 ACA World Sound Festival in Acapulco. He moved to Thailand in 2001, and had recently located to Phuket, becoming a popular resort DJ there and witnessing the birth of his son.
A true example of bringing the underground SF spirit to the world, he'll be mightily missed.
- SPELL CASTER THAT BRING MY EX LOVER BACK IN JUST 48HOURS - August 21, 2014
- One can keep all the existing - August 21, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014
- They're outraged but they don't want any Palestinians in - August 7, 2014
- At least we have the - August 7, 2014
- Yeah the Sunni and Shia have - August 7, 2014