Horrible news this morning -- pioneering house DJ Josh Ezelle died last night in a motorcycle crash in Thailand. He was 42.
Ezelle, aka DJ Josh, was the first DJ many young clubbers heard in the late '80s, and the list of venues and crews he supported or helped launch is a veritable what's what of the SF scene, right up to the present. Wicked, the Gathering, Funky Techno Tribe, Sunset ...
Ever-roving, he organized the groundbreaking 2000 ACA World Sound Festival in Acapulco. He moved to Thailand in 2001, and had recently located to Phuket, becoming a popular resort DJ there and witnessing the birth of his son.
A true example of bringing the underground SF spirit to the world, he'll be mightily missed.
Most Commented On
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 28, 2014
- Here's your gentrification-eviction-displacement electro theme - July 28, 2014
- Hey Guest /Anonymous, there are way more negative comments - July 28, 2014
- Tenant Judith Barrett is - July 28, 2014
- The funny part about that is - July 28, 2014
- He's also famous for his - July 28, 2014
- People, let's all get along - July 28, 2014
- Yes, I forget this is personal for him - July 28, 2014
- Marcos is a renowned Middle East and housing expert - July 28, 2014
- Self-appointed expert Marcos - July 28, 2014