Recycling workers, in their own words
"Since I got fired, I've been very worried about my situation. I can't get hired and my sons lost their jobs in Los Angeles and came up to live with me. My PG&E bill is very high, $258. The water bill came — $239. The rent is $1,250. We're all living in one room and renting out the others just to be able to pay it.
"I've been here 14 years, and it's impossible for me to go back to Apatzingan, in Michoacan, where I was born. I may not have a job right now, but I don't regret anything. I'm going to struggle, and continue moving ahead."
Editors' note: Cristina Lopez' name has been changed to protect her identity
Most Commented On
- Toxic Turf. - July 26, 2014
- ZpoyYPMxgxyVWaj - July 26, 2014
- FXbMIGeEyTf - July 26, 2014
- A green San Francisco? - July 26, 2014
- we covered that this week - July 26, 2014
- I understand that the SFBC - July 26, 2014
- San Francisco needs - July 26, 2014
- Artificial turf - July 26, 2014
- Moron - July 26, 2014
- Golden Gate Park, an - July 26, 2014