TABLEHOPPING Eat like royals: New openings include The Coachman, The Square (N.B. not related to Square), sweet coffee spots, and hot hot dogs.
BALLIN' ON A BUDGET
Hot dogs. A bunch of us enjoy our fair share of bacon-covered Mission treats (depends on how much and how late you go out), but there's a new dog in town: Los Shucos Latin Hot Dogs (3224 1/2 22nd St., www.losshucos.com), from Guatemalan owner Sofia Keck. These street-style puppies are more like a torta, with a griddled bun, your choice of bacon-wrapped sausage or handmade chorizo (they are currently trying to source a vegetarian option), avocado, and imported salsa chapina, a green sauce from Guatemala. Toppings include refried black beans, queso fresco, and scrambled eggs. The dogs range from $5.95 to $7.95, and are as hefty as they are tasty. Woof. Open Sun–Wed 11am–10pm and Thu–Sat 11am–2am.
Marcia Gagliardi is the founder of the weekly tablehopper e-column; subscribe for more at www.tablehopper.com. Get her app: Tablehopper's Top Late-Night Eats. On Twitter: @tablehopper.
Most Commented On
- Fertility - July 28, 2014
- Politesse - July 28, 2014
- It makes no sense whatsoever - July 28, 2014
- Oakland is a few miles away and half the price - July 28, 2014
- Of course it ran out of money. - July 28, 2014
- My income is competitive to the market for my job and not - July 28, 2014
- Some private sector bus operators earn 30K a year - July 28, 2014
- uppoVFiDwLz - July 28, 2014
- No Wall on the Waterfront wins big, Chiu prevails in Assembly - July 28, 2014
- Skateboarding is a delinquent activity - July 28, 2014