Har Mar Superstar grows up, Fuzz releases its debut, Fuck Buttons returns to form
Avant-garde British electronic noisemakers Fuck Buttons haven't released an album since 2009's searing Tarot Sport, but that doesn't mean they've been forgotten: Two of the band's tracks played during the 2012 London Olympics opening ceremonies ("Olympians" and the awesome "Surf Solar"). And this month's Slow Focus (ATP Recordings), the band's third album, proves it's still quite hard to ignore. Slow Focus is a jumbly, forceful mix of the elements: doomy vocals, beeping synths, keys, analog drumming, moody droning, zips, zaps, and bleeps. First single "The Red Wing" sounds like an alien spaceship anxiously hovering above the forest before cautiously zooming in for a landing. And there's a contest with that song: build, glitter, or decorate a gold cube like the artwork for "The Red Wing" and tweet/Facebook a photo to @FuckButtons with the hashtag #slowfocus for a chance to win tickets to your local show.
Wed/9, 9pm, $20. Independent, 628 Divisadero, SF. www.independentsf.com.
Most Commented On
- Harvey Milk's dog pooper scooper law - December 7, 2013
- dark energy is murder - December 7, 2013
- Milk - December 7, 2013
- troll - December 7, 2013
- People like Castro are permanently angry and bitter - December 7, 2013
- Lost the anger, Castro. It does not become someone who claims to - December 7, 2013
- Then you should ignore his posts instead of reading them - December 7, 2013
- Why do you care so much what others do with their - December 7, 2013
- Jeff, the real troll here is the pro-Marsh poster who is using a - December 7, 2013
- The Marsh could simply give their neighbors a schedule of - December 7, 2013