Jesse Nesbitt, charged with Occupy violence on May Day, tell his story.
"When you join the military or the police department, you take an oath swearing to defend the United States Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic," Nesbitt said. "Now they're passing the NDAA, Patriot Act, and other bills I don't know about. They're intentionally taking away our constitutional rights. We're supposed to defend those rights, not lie down and take it.
"I think Abraham Lincoln said, if the government betrays us, we're supposed to take them out." Nesbitt insists he's "not a terrorist. No matter what they might say about me in the Chronicle or whatnot, I'm not a terrorist. What is he, then? "I'm a freedom fighter," said Nesbitt. "I'm fighting for the freedom of everyone."
Most Commented On
- Personal attacks, hah! - May 24, 2013
- David Chiu is basically on - May 24, 2013
- They've driven out Marcos and Eddie from here. - May 24, 2013
- Our labour pool should be drawn from the Bay Area and beyond. - May 24, 2013
- You're correct, Lilli. You can buy Greg off with the odd win but - May 24, 2013
- Because the left doesn't really care about those affordable - May 24, 2013
- You're the one changing the topic. - May 24, 2013
- The executioners were Converts - May 24, 2013
- Absolutely enough already - May 24, 2013
- To: guest; re. How about an experiment - May 24, 2013